Florida Certified Master Builders are elite Home Builders, Remodelers and Commercial Contractors who are dedicated to excellence in building and client satisfaction. The builders who request certification hold themselves to a higher standard than required by the State of Florida for licensure.
Florida Certified Master Builders must meet strict requirements and demonstrate a proven track record of building expertise, business stability, integrity and exceptional customer service. Their education, design and product research requirements keep them in tune with the latest building practices and design trends.
This certification was created to help consumers find a builder they can trust.
Florida Certified Master Builders will receive:
• Licensing rights to use the Florida Certified Master Builder logo on their website and in all of their marketing materials
• A Florida Certified Master Builder certificate for display in their office
• A Florida Certified Master Builder identification card
• Regional promotion in select consumer publications, press releases and local media outlets...
Florida Certified Master Builders must:
• Have at least 7 years of work experience in the construction industry or hold a Bachelor’s Degree in the construction field
• Have held a contractor license for at least 5 years
• Derive their principle income from the building industry
• Provide proof of workers comp and liability insurance
• Offer clients a written contract on all building and remodeling projects with standard dispute resolution and disclaimer language...
To stay current on design trends and advances in building science, Florida Certified Master Builders must:
• Meet the minimum qualifications every two years
• Complete six hours of Florida Certified Master Builder Courses
• Attend a regional or national building industry expo per certification renewal cycle
• Complete a renewal form, along with the bi-annual renewal fee
• Continue to meet these eight qualifications...